Sliding windows are designed to roll from side to side in their own tracks. They are removable from these tracks for the cleaning of the exterior surfaces.
To Remove the interior sash (or right sash), Follow These Steps
- Roll the right sash to within 3″ of the left side. This will enable the sash to bypass the burglar block located in the header of the mainframe. ( photo1)
- Lift the sash up into the header of the mainframe as high as it will go.
- Pull the bottom of the sash toward you. This will clear the rollers and sash frame from the mainframe. ( photo 2)
- Lower the sash to the floor. (photo 3)
To Remove the Exterior sash (or left sash), Follow These Steps
- Roll the left sash to within 3″ of the right side.
- Lift the sash into the header of the mainframe.
- Pull the bottom of the sash toward you, and lower it to the floor. (photo 4)
- Carefully clean the exterior of the sashes. To replace the sashes, simply reverse this process.
Swing & Clean
Swing & Clean windows have similar features to a sliding window, except the hardware and frames allow you to swing the sashes in for easy cleaning.
To swing in to clean, Follow These Steps:
- Unlock the window.
- Roll the interior (right) sash at least 3″ from the right jamb.
- Push both easy grip sash locks to allow the sash to swing in ward. (photo 1)
- Once the sash swing inward past four degrees, the pivot point will remain in place. (photo 2)
- Roll the exterior (left) sash at least 3″ from the left jamb and follow the above instruction. (photo 4)
To reengage the sashes, swing the left sash in first. Pick up, and reinsert the release handles into the sash retainer clips. Make sure they snap in place, the sash should roll easily again, Now proceed with the sash should roll easily again. Now proceed with the right sash.
Keep the tracks clean and free from dirt and debris. An occasional light coating of silicone spray lubricant eases the operation of the sashes.
For the center sash of a 3-lite,or a large 2-lite sash, make sure the sash is properly supported while swinging in, and while cleaning.